HealthFull Diet Guidelines
Here are a few tips that will come in handy while you are following the HealthFull Diet.
- Our current range of meals is optimised for Lunch and Dinner.
Soon we'll launch a range of HealthFull breakfast meals.
Until then, try low carb breakfast options like 2 slices of Low GI or Smart Carb bread, no sugar added soy milk, or rye crackers with tuna spread.
- Stay hydrated while you're dieting. Stay hydrated by drinking 8 glasses or 2 liters a day.
- Why it's so important to stay hydrated?
- Flush out acidic ketones.
- To counteract diuretic effect.
- Less stress on kidneys. HealthFull diet has been planned carefully to provide just enough protein, not too much so it won't burden your kidney and not too little so that you won't lose your muscles.
- Prevent that hungry feeling.
- Not sure what to drink? Here are some tips:
- Plain water.
- Clear Soup.
- Tea, no sugar (green/chrysanthemum/oolong tea).
- Coffee, no sugar.
- Sugar-free/diet drinks.
- HealthFull meals should keep you full till the next meal. Why would you feel hungry?
- You think you are hungry.
- You are bored.
- You might be surrounded by food or food pictures.
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Take care of your sugar intake, too much sugar makes you feel hungry.
- Are you stressed?
- Do you drink enough water and other fluids?
- So, what can you do to get rid of that hungry feeling? Here are some tips from our dietitians:
- Do something to take your mind off the craving.
- Busy yourself with work.
- Exercise, enjoy music, laughter. All these activities increase endorphins (just like chocolates do).
- Go for a Walk.
- Take a Nap.
- Call a Friend.
- Drink more fluids.
- Take a healthy low carbs snack.
- If nothing else seems to help, and you feel you really want to eat something:
- Include a serving of boiled or steamed non-starchy vegetables with your HealthFull meals.
- Opt for a healthy snack:
- Celery sticks, carrots, cucumber and cherry tomatoes
- Low carb nuts like a handful of Cashew nuts, Pistachios, Almonds, Pine nuts, Peanuts, Hazelnuts, walnuts, Macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts and Pecans.
- Or include 2 serving of Low Carb fruits in your diet daily.